Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strawberry-Watermelon Slushie

Strawberry-Watermelon Slushie

From: Our Best Bites

Strawberry-Watermelon Slushie

Recipe from Taste of Home

2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 pint fresh strawberries, halved (I actually used a little less than a pint. Maybe 3/4 of it)
1/3 C sugar
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
2-4 C ice cubes
In a blender, combine the watermelon, strawberries, sugar and lemon juice; cover and process on high until smooth. With blender running, gradually add ice cubes until desired consistency is reached. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.

Yield: 5-7 cups

The boys and I enjoyed these. What we had left, we did what the blogger said to do and make Popsicle out of them. They are really good. I had some Popsicle molds I poured them into. But there was still a lot left over...so I put them into yogurt containers with plastic kid spoons, and froze them. Very good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment