Mini Barbeque Chicken PizzasFrom: $5 Dinners
- Homemade Pizza Dough , made whole or as mini-pizzas ($.78)
- 2 chicken breasts ($1.75)
- About 1 cup BBQ sauce ($.25)
- About 1/2 cup pizza sauce ($.30)
- 1 red onion, diced ($.40)
- About 4 sprigs of cilantro leaves ($.50)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (I used part regular, part dairy and soy free) ($1.25)
- Side of fresh fruit ($.50)
- Prepare the homemade crust. Or buy them from the store.
- Cut up the chicken breast into bite size pieces and then add them to a skillet with the BBQ sauce and about 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook over medium heat until the pieces have cooked through and are coated with BBQ sauce. Will take 5-10 minutes, depending on size of the pieces.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the large pizza or smaller ones. You don’t want it to be too much and let the tomato flavor over power the other flavors.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces, the diced red onion and cilantro leaves. Sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until crust has cooked and the cheese begins to golden.
- Slice, serve and be merry!