Monday, February 23, 2009

Chicken Cacciatore

I wanted to try something new tonight. Greg and I both really liked it (I had to add a little salt to it).

Chicken Cacciatore
From:365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus by Penny E. Stone page 46

2 TBS Butter
2-3 lbs chicken breast meat, skin removed and discarded (I used 3 chicken breasts, cut into little squares, and worked great)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, diced (I didn't add this, and it was good)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I didn't have any, so didn't add)
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I used 1 tsp dried)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
cooked rice or noodles

Melt butter over low heat in a large skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook until meat is cooked through and lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet and let cool. Chop chicken into pieces and set aside.

Add onion and celery to skillet. Saute in remaining butter until vegetables are tender. Return chopped chicken to skillet; add chopped tomatoes and juice and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot over hot cooked rice or noodles.

We used egg noddles. It was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment