Monday, December 7, 2009

Microwave Peanut Brittle

I like peanut brittle...but I don't like using a candy thermometer...that is why I like this recipe so well...it just goes in the microwave!

Microwave Peanut Brittle
Simply Delicious
Herberger’s Employee Family Recipes

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanuts
½ cup white corn syrup

In 1 ½ quart casserole dish, stir together sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in peanuts. Microwave 3-5 minutes until light brown.

1 tsp butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Add butter and vanilla to syrup; blend well. Microwave on high 1-2 minutes more; peanuts will be lightly brown and syrup very hot. Slowly add 1 tsp baking soda. Stir until light and foamy. Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Let cool ½ to 1 hour. When cool, break into small pieces and store in airtight container.

I haven't made this in a while...I had a hard time not eating too much of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment