Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shake-It-Up Chex Party Mix

I was wanting to make some Chex Mix after Sarah brought some over to me (and I at the WHOLE bag she brought, and I didn't share with anyone!!). I found this in a "I Can Make it with Chex!" Book for kids. It is SOO good....I had a hard time not eating it while I was making it!! I even made 2 batches!!

Shake-It-Up Chex Party Mix
from: "I Can Make It With Chex!" 12 Fun and easy recipes that Kids and Parents can make together!

Ingredients:
2 TBS margarine or butter
3/4 tsp seasoned salt
2 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 cups of your favorite Chex Brand Cereals (Corn, Rice and/or Wheat)
1/2 cups mixed nuts (I used peanuts)
1/2 cup pretzels (I used goldfish)

Melt margarine in small microwave bowl. Add seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce to melted margarine; mix well. Pour cereals, nuts and pretzels into large Ziploc bag. Pour margarine mixture over cereal in plastic bag and seal. Shake bag until all pieces are coated. (Some seasoning may stick to the inside of the bag.) Pour contents of bag into large microwave-safe bwol. Microwave on HIGH 3 to 3 1/2 minutes. Stop to stir every minute. Spread on absorbent paper to cool. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment