Chicken Queso SoupFrom: Lynn's Kitchen Adventures with my adaptations
Chicken Queso Soup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 can rotel tomatoes ( tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 – 14ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks, and room temperature
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken
- In a larger pan saute onion in oil until tender and lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, broth, cumin, and red pepper.
- Cook on low for 10-15 minutes. Then add cream cheese, milk, and chicken. And cook until heated through.
- Stir in shredded cheese and serve.