Cheddar Garlic Bread
3 1/2 – 4 1/2 c. flour
1 T. yeast
1 c. milk
2 T. butter or margarine
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 c. shredded Sharp cheddar cheese, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 c. flour and yeast.
2. Add the milk, butter or margarine, sugar and salt to a small saucepan. Heat until warm and the butter is completely melted. Add to mixing bowl and stir by hand or beat with an electric mixer until combined. Slowly add remaining flour until the dough comes together and is no longer sticky. Add 1 1/4 c. cheese (reserve remaining cheese) and garlic until combined. Knead for 5-8 minutes.
3. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and allow to rise for at least 1 hour.
4. Punch dough down and remove from bowl. Form dough into an oval-shaped loaf and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes, until golden and hollow sounding when tapped.
The garlic in the bread is purely a matter of taste.