Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tacos/Taco Salad

I got this recipe from my mom. She makes the BEST taco shells. However, I don't have the stuff to do it...so I just make the meat sauce and we make taco salad with it.

Tacos
From: My Mom's Broken Cookbook

1 pound hamburger
3/4 Cup Water
1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
2 TBS chili powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic, crushed

Cook and stir hamburger in 10 inch skillet until light brown; drain. Stir in water, onion, the chili powder, salt, cumin, and garlic. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.

When we make taco salad, we usually use Fritos, salad (break it up), put the meat on top, add sour cream and cheese. VERY good!!! Tucker ate this up, no problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment