Fresh Cherry CrispFrom: Allrecipes.com
- 4 cups pitted sour cherries (we used some that we had frozen in the freezer)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, and 4 tablespoons flour. Pour into 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, and brown sugar. Cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle over cherries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.