Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Zucchini Devil's Food Cake

Zucchini Devil's Food Cake
From: Old-Fashioned Zucchini Recipes, Bear Wallow Books, Page 11

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk (I made mine with lemon juice and milk)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup zucchini, diced

Cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs. In separate bowl sift together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt and add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk (I didn't sift together, I just dumped it all in and mixed). Add vanilla. Blend in cocoa and zucchini. Pour batter into two greased 9-inch cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool, turn out on wire rack and frost.

I actually made cupcakes and mini-cupcakes. So I don't know how the bake times are. Very good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment