Savory Cheddar Zucchini MuffinsIngredients
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the butter, egg, milk, zucchini, and garlic until well blended. Mix the flour mixture into the milk mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring between additions, until the flour mixture is incorporated. Fold in the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon, and pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow muffins to cool slightly before removing from muffin cups; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.